Do you want to show off your baking skills for the whole family once, but have not yet found a suitable egg beater as an assistant? In the midst of the colorful market, is there a machine that runs smoothly and is durable but the price is still really affordable? The article advises you on which type of egg beater is best, follow along!
- 1 Top 5 Best Rated Hand Mixers – Egg Beater
- 2 Which egg beater should I buy?
- 3 What type of egg beater should I buy?
- 4 FAQ
- 5 Final Ideas
Top 5 Best Rated Hand Mixers – Egg Beater
Cuisinart HM-90BCS Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE: The Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus 9-speed hand mixer has 220 watts of power with automatic feedback including SmoothStart feature with 3-low mixing speeds that eliminates splattering
- MUST-HAVE FEATURES: One-step power switch with 9-speed LED display
- EASY TO USE: Simple on/off button, 1-touch speed control with 9-speed options, extremely easy to store away and dishwasher safe parts
- INCLUDED: Includes beaters, chef’s whisk, dough hooks, spatula, instruction/recipe book and sturdy snap-on case to store mixer and accessories
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
If you’re searching for a hand mixer that has all of the bells and whistles, this one fits the bill. The Mixer has several features that aren’t always standard with hand mixers. This includes a snap-on storage case to neatly store your mixer and its accessories together in your pantry as well as a whisk and two dough hooks, the latter of which are a great alternative to kneading your bread by hand.
There is also a slow-start feature to help prevent splatters. For example: If you need a medium speed setting, instead of going from zero to five, which can cause a mess due to the sudden change in speed, the machine slowly increases the speed. This modern-looking model also has an LED screen instead of a button so you can quickly see the speed setting as you’re adding ingredients. This model is a great alternative to a stand mixer if you don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on a mixer, are tight on kitchen space, or both.
- Most other hand mixers don’t come with this many attachments, speed levels, and smart settings.
- The price for this hand mixer is higher than the average, but we think it’s reasonable for the number of features it includes.
Braun Electric Hand Mixer.
- 50% more power 350 watts of power beats the ingredients and the competition. Wattage and mixing effort (mixing cake batter, external tests) compared to leading competitors.
- Half the mixing effort smartmix technology delivers an in-line vertical motor design that shifts the Weight of the mixer out of your hand and into the bowl. Mixing effort (mixing cake batter, external tests) compared to leading competitors.
- Quick cleanup easy clean design has a completely sealed system, so nothing gets inside the housing, and dishwasher-safe parts make cleaning easy
- One-Handed vario control a simple turn of the vario control speed dial is all it takes to adjust the speed while you mix, and the touch of a button lets you switch between accessories.
- Attachments for every task multi-whisk, both whisk and beater in one, creates volume for light, airy mixtures. The sturdy dough hooks are perfect for homemade bread and pizza.
The speed dial is very easy to set from one to nine or Turbo boost before you turn the Braun on and if you stop to scrape or check on your progress you don’t have to reset the speed when you continue. This is the only mixer without air vents which makes for easy cleanup with no batter to pick out of slots. All of the beaters can be safely cleaned in the dishwasher and you get a bag to store them in to prevent them from getting lost.
- Easy to hold
- Easy to set speed dial
- Dishwasher safe
- None that we could find
KitchenAid KHM512IC 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer
- Mix ingredients for a variety of recipes from slowly stirring in chunky ingredients, like nuts or chocolate chips, at speed one to whipping egg whites or heavy cream at speed five. Cord length : 36 Inches
- 60 watts
- 60 Hz
If you’re just starting your baking journey, this easy-to-operate hand mixer is a great option for beginners. Unlike some other hand mixers on the market, which come with multiple attachments and more speed settings, this hand mixer has two beaters and five mixer speeds. Unless you make a lot of bread or egg-based recipes, such as a meringue, you don’t need additional attachments like a whisk or dough hook. Beaters alone can accomplish a variety of baking tasks big and small, including mixing cake batter and making whipped cream.
The mixer’s five speeds allow you to increase the mixing speed level by level to avoid splatters. Compared to other hand mixers on our list, this one has the lowest wattage at 60W, but it still packs enough of a punch at its highest speed setting to mix thick cookie dough, based on our hands-on experience. Plus, unlike other hand mixers, this KitchenAid mixer allows you to lock the cord in place so it doesn’t accidentally find its way into the batter while you’re mixing.
- Easy to Use
- With the lowest wattage on the list, this mixer won’t give you as much power as other hand mixers, which on average, have a 200 to 250 wattage output.
Breville BHM800SIL Handy Mix Scraper Hand Mixer
- BEATER IQ TECHNOLOGY: Whether you’re whisking cream or kneading dough, the Handy Mix Scraper detects which attachment you’re using and automatically recalibrates to the perfect speed.
- QUIET SCRAPER BEATERS: No clinging or clanging in your kitchen. The rubber Scraper Beater maximizes contact with the bowl while minimizing sound, to ensure you incorporate all ingredients for more thorough mixing.
- 9 SPEED SETTINGS: 9 speeds plus boost to ensure precise speed for your mixing load.
- COMFORTABLE DESIGN: An ergonomic handle creates a natural hand position so mixing never feels like a chore.
- COMPACT STORAGE: A detachable storage compartment houses all the attachments and swivel cord so you’ll love this mixer even when it’s turned off.
To operate it, you press “on” and then select one of nine speeds. As soon as mixing starts, a light shines down on the bowl and a timer starts counting up. There’s a pause button so that if you interrupt mixing to stir or add ingredients, you can keep track of your mixing time. While in theory, this sounds like a great feature for when a recipe specifies a specific number of minutes, we found we often pressed “off” instead and lost track of time. (We keep a stopwatch going to capture our test results.) Speed recommendations are right on the body of the mixer. The beaters are coated with rubber and when beating, this mixer was the quietest of all we tested—in fact, it just about purrs.
According to Breville, the Handy Mix has a Beater IQ that senses the attachments and adjusts the speed regardless of the setting. In spite of this, we didn’t find that the Breville offered top-notch mixing performance. It was one of the slower models and the only one that quarreled a bit to knead enough dough for two loaves of bread. Although it comes with two whisks instead of one, it didn’t whip up particularly airy egg whites. Plus, at more than 2.5 pounds, it was heavy and hard to hold continuously for more than a minute or so. However, cookies, cake, and bread all rose high in the oven and came out evenly browned and tender.
With a trigger that makes it easy to release the beaters, a plug that’s easy to pull out of the socket, dishwasher-safe attachments, and a storage case to corral all the parts, this mixer is easy to care for. But we’re not sure that all the benefits justify the very steep price tag for a hand mixer that’s not first in its class in mixing performance.
- Dishwasher safe attachments
- Easy to care for
- Confusing speed controls
- Too expensive
Cuisinart HM-50 Power Advantage
- Handheld blender with 220-watt motor and automatic feedback
- 5 speed options; slide control easily shifts speeds with a single touch
- Swivel cord; extra-long dishwasher-safe beaters; beater-eject lever
- Spatula and instruction/recipe book included
- Wattage: 250.00 watts
We designated this five-speed hand mixer as the most convenient mixer on our list due to its extra-long beaters, heel rest, cord lock, and automatic feedback feature. The automatic feedback feature is particularly helpful for beginner bakers since it adjusts the power going into the beaters to keep the speed consistent, even when mixing thicker batters.
This hand mixer has five speeds and comes with two beaters, a spatula, and a recipe book. This model lets you lock the cord in place on either side of the device so that the cord doesn’t get in your way as you move the mixer. For example, if you are right-handed, you can lock the cord in place on the right side. The heel-rest lets you set the mixer squarely on the counter without it toppling over while you grab your next ingredient.
- The automatic feedback feature determines if you need an extra power boost compared to the mixer won’t get bogged down when mixing thick dough.
- This isn’t a good option for experienced bakers who need additional tools, such as a dough hook or whisk, for their bakes.
BLACK+DECKER MX600B Helix Performance Premium
- 2X More Beater Surface Area: Increased surface area of the beaters allows for more contact with the ingredients and complete control of mixing. 120 Volts
- This mixing set includes: two helix beaters, two dough hooks, and one wire whisk.
- Reinforced Nylon Beaters: The helix beaters are made with reinforced nylon, delivering strength to handle tough mixes and durability for consistent performance.
- 5 Speeds + Turbo Boost: Find the right speed for every mixing task. Plus, you can slowly increase speed for optimal mixing consistency and to prevent messes.
On whipping cream and egg whites and kneading bread dough, I was one of the fastest workers. However, in our testing it had a fatal flaw: It spattered everywhere when we mixed up the cookie dough, spewing dough, oats, and raisins all over the counter and walls. The nylon-coated beaters are unusually designed in a helix formation. According to Black+Decker, they are supposed to mix in multiple directions, covering more ground. This may account for its speed but also for the splattering. For storage, the mixer snaps onto a case that contains all the beaters which are top-rack dishwasher safe.
- Easy to hold
- Fast mixing
- Dishwasher safe attachments
- Heavy splatting
Which egg beater should I buy?
Based on the design and usage, we can divide it into 2 types, including handheld and desktop. Each type presents its own advantages and limitations in operation.
Hand-held egg beater
A hand-held egg beater is a type of machine that is held in the hand when operating. It is considered to be the type of product that consumers are most interested in today, thanks to its compactness and outstanding versatility.
- The machine can meet quite diverse needs such as mashing potatoes, whipping cream, eggs, and mixing a small amount of flour.
- During use, the machine helps users manipulate more actively.
- The machine is made up of high-quality materials, so it is durable, safe for users, and easy to clean after use.
- When used for mixing, you should note that the device is only capable of mixing a small amount of solid dough and cannot mix bread flours.
Desktop egg beater
The most obvious and basic difference between a desktop whisk is that the base is quite bulky. In addition, the machine also has a beater and a mortar that are fixed together.
The machine owns a powerful motor, so it has a large capacity, meeting all needs, including mixing bread flour and mixing a large amount of solid dough, especially suitable for kitchens specializing in baking.
Solid design, fixed, so it is very safe for users.
The mechanism automatically coordinates between the beater and the bowl, giving the user the freedom to do other things while the machine is operating, for example, adding sugar and cocoa to the dough.
The machine has a large weight and size, so it occupies a large area, and at the same time, makes it more difficult for users to move the machine to another location, and difficult to fit in a cramped family kitchen.
Because the parts are fixed, cleaning and cleaning the machine after use will not be simple.
What type of egg beater should I buy?
With the advantages and limitations analyzed above, it can be seen that the choice of machine type will have to be based on your needs, frequency, and purpose of use. If you run a bakery or regularly bake cakes, a desktop computer will definitely be your good assistant.
On the contrary, in case you only need to make simple cakes in small quantities for the family to enjoy, you can use a handheld machine. This compact device will help you save costs, operate quickly, and do not take too much time to clean the machine.
Besides the two types of machines mentioned above, you can come across a number of other types of machines that are also quite popular, such as industrial machines and mini egg beaters.
Criteria for choosing which type of egg beater to buy
The market for selling products is becoming more and more exciting with the presence of many product lines from different manufacturers. Therefore, choosing a suitable machine, just based on the needs of users is not enough. Below, we would like to share with you some factors to consider when buying an egg beater.
Design and materials
Not only a cooking tool but sometimes the machine also contributes to inspiration, making you more excited when setting foot in the family kitchen. Therefore, choosing a beautifully designed product is also an issue that you should pay attention to.
In addition to aesthetics, the criteria for evaluating a good product cannot lack the element of durability as well as safety for the health of the user. They are determined by the material that makes up the product. For all products in general, you need to pay special attention to the egg beater part, because it comes in direct contact with food, and is also a strong moving part during operation. High-quality materials such as stainless steel or stainless steel will ensure certainty and do not negatively affect food quality.
In addition to the whisk, for desktop machines, there is another fixed part that can directly affect the food. That’s the jar. You should choose a jar made of high-quality ABS plastic or metal.
In particular, metal will certainly have more impressive durability.
Average attack speed
Currently, most handheld products usually have 3-7 speed levels. Meanwhile, desktops can have up to 16-speed levels.
Whether more or less, the speed levels are all classified into 3 basic groups, meeting different needs of use:
Low speed: This is the level used when the user needs to mix the dry powder evenly.
Medium speed: At this level, the machine can blend ingredients together, forming a paste-like egg powder or buttermilk.
High speed: This speed level is often used to whip cream, egg whites, etc.
The smaller the speed level is, the easier it is to adjust, helping you to get the finished product you want. However, to make dishes served at home, without having to meet strict standards of form or softness or spongy, you will not necessarily choose a machine with too many speed levels.
Capacity is also a criterion to evaluate which type of egg beater is good. You probably already know that the capacity of the machine will be directly proportional to the ability to whip and mix the mixture, which means that the large capacity will help the machine create a smoother, faster foam product. However, for specific needs, how much capacity is reasonable? If you make cookies, you only need a machine with a capacity of 200W. Meanwhile, to create a bread dough mixture, the minimum power of the machine will have to reach 325W.
Accessories attached to the machine are usually a propeller mixer or a hook mixer. Similar to the whisk and bowl, these accessories also come into direct contact with the food. Therefore, you should pay attention to the material from which they are made.
The warranty not only gives you more peace of mind during the use of the device but also demonstrates the brand’s reputation. The good news for those who intend to buy the product is that most products today come with a 12-month warranty.
Information you should know
Structure of the machine
An egg beater (also known as a household dough mixer) is an appliance that is not too strange for those who are interested in food and love to cook. Just based on the name, one can somewhat imagine the role of this device. Specifically, the machine is used to mix, loosen, and smooth some soft foods such as eggs, ice cream, flour, etc.
The machine has a relatively simple structure and operation mechanism, so it is widely used. In particular, for the kitchen specializing in baking, it is also considered an indispensable tool.
Some notes for effective use
After choosing the right product, in the process of using it, you need to note some important points below. Let’s mark it again to make the machine work more smoothly and more durable!
Read the user manual carefully before use
This is a basic requirement that is often overlooked. Many people think that the content of the user manual is always repetitive, but in fact, the manufacturers all have important recommendations or advice for each product. You should read it first to understand, don’t wait until you have made a mistake to rush to find it.
Cleaning for the first time using
Before using the machine for the first time, you should clean the mixing stick, whisk and bowl with warm water. This will help wash away bacteria and dirt from the production and packaging process.
How to coordinate operations
With a hand mixer, you should choose a bowl and bowl with a large capacity as a container. In addition, when the machine is operating, the handle must limit movement, always place the machine at an angle of 45 degrees relative to the bowl so that the food does not splash out when it comes into contact with the beater.
You should start at the lowest speed, not increase or decrease speed suddenly. When the egg beater is spinning, absolutely do not put extra spoons or chopsticks in the bowl. Doing so can lead to damage to the machine, and endanger you and those around you.
Always ensure electrical safety
On the packaging, the manufacturer always mentions the power required for the product. You should rely on this information for proper power use. In addition, you need to avoid letting the plug and power cord get wet, causing fire or electric leakage.
Always clean the machine after use
After use, you should clean the mixing stick, whisk, as well as container. All these parts need to be dry cleaned and stored in a cool place. In addition, you should use a damp cloth to wipe away powder and egg stains on the body of the device.
How can I ensure my hand mixer lasts a long time?
Hand mixers are very easy to maintain and hard to damage. Wipe the body of your mixer with a damp cloth after each use—never submerge it in water—and try to avoid getting food inside the motor casing. The baking attachments are removable and are dishwasher safe. So long as you make your bakes away from your sink and burners, your mixer should last for years.
How many speeds do I need on my hand mixer?
It all depends on what you normally make, what you plan on making in the future, and your preferred speeds when mixing. As long as the mixer has a low, medium, and high-speed setting, you’ll be able to accomplish most baking tasks. Speed settings typically range from one to five (aka low, low-medium, medium, medium-high, and high). Other mixers offer more speed settings, with some featuring upward of nine. If you’d like more variety in your speed settings, look for models that have more than five-speed settings.
It’s important to know that low settings are great for combining ingredients, especially when mixing wet and dry ingredients together (using a high-speed setting for this task will cause ingredients to splatter outside of the bowl). Medium settings work well for mixing cookie dough, thicker cake batters, and frostings as well as for creaming butter. High-speed settings are best reserved for mashing potatoes, whipping cream, and eggs.
I don’t have a lot of storage space in my kitchen. Any tips for storing this bulky kitchen machinery?
Always check the size of your desired hand mixer before buying to make sure it fits in the storage space you do have in your kitchen. One way to cut down on space is to buy a hand mixer that has a snap-on storage compartment for its cord and attachments. You can also choose a hand mixer that is cordless or has a retractable cord.
An extremely useful kitchen tool, helping you satisfy your passion for fruit cakes and cooking. However, choosing a machine that is both quality and affordable is not easy. In addition to your interests, you need to supplement yourself with information about the product, brand, and quality evaluation criteria.
Hopefully, with our sharing, you will soon find out which type of egg beater is good for your family kitchen.
- Includes: Home-use electric S900A shaved ice and snow cone machine [3-piece design – easy to assemble], 2 round block ice molds, a non-slip mat, and 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Includes: Home-use electric S900A shaved ice and snow cone machine [3-piece design – easy to assemble], 2 round block ice molds, a non-slip mat, and 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Usage: Great for making shaved ice, snow cones, snowballs, slushies, margaritas and much more
- Simple To Use: Prepare cool treats quickly at sleepovers, small pool parties, birthday parties, and other family and friend get-togethers
- Compact: 5.5” wide, 8” diameter, and 12” tall – which makes it easy to tuck under the counter or in a cabinet
- Swiveling twin blades with flexible action easily peel potatoes, apples and other tough skinned fruits and vegetables
- Soft, oversized handle designed for repetitive strokes
- Comfortable non slip grip, even when wet
- Built-in potato eye remover
- Large hole in handle for easy storage
- Mix with ease: With 6 speeds, including the quickest button, you can adjust this kitchen mixer to accommodate any baking recipe.
- Easy to handle: With 250 watts of peak power hand mixer.
- Bowl rest feature: A built-in groove lets you rest the hand mixer over the bowl, so drips go where they belong and not all over your countertop.
- Versatile attachments: The kitchen mixer includes easy to clean set of traditional beaters and whisk.
- Snap-on storage case: This hand mixer includes a handy snap-on storage case—no more lost beaters
- SUPERIOR FUNCTION: The Cuisinart snow cone maker has a professional motor and blade mechanism with interlock safety feature that creates real shaved ice for snow cones, slushies', frozen lemonades or adult drinks
- EASY TO USE: Easy to put together and use - uses regular ice cubes and simple syrups or juices – recipes included – just flip a switch to start shaving ice
- MUST HAVE FEATURES: Pull-out serving tray with interlock safety feature with two fold-down cone holders for easy storage
- CAPACITY: Fast operation, makes enough ice for 4-5 cones in under a minute – comes with 4 reusable plastic cones and 12 paper cones
- LIMITED 5-YEAR MOTOR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
- TEXTURIZED SURFACE : One of the sides surface is textured for optimum use on a variety of meats
- SMOOTH SIDE INCLUDED : The opposite side of the meat tenderizer is smooth for pounding and flattening For cutlets
- ALUMUNUM CONSTRUCTION : Aluminum construction provides a lightweight, strong and durable tool for the kitchen
- MULTIPLE STORAGE OPTIONS : There is a hole in the ergonomic handle that gives you the option for convenient hanging storage
- EASY CARE: Hand wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- HEALTHIER: Make homemade slushies, snow cones, frozen cocktails and more, right from your kitchen You control the ingredients (organic, sugar free, all-natural juice), making it better for you and your family. Cord length-40 inch
- QUICK plus EASY: Simply plug in, add regular ice cubes, shave, add your favorite snow cone syrup or juice, and top with fresh fruit or garnish Great for frozen cocktails, mocktails, and large party gatherings - so easy your kids can use it.
- COMPACT: This is a MUST-HAVE for that first apartment, smaller kitchen, college dorm life, or camper/RV traveling
- PERFECT GIFT: The perfect wedding gift, new home gift, or gift for kids Its small size takes up little counter space, and its sleek design and trendy color options will match any kitchen décor (add to your registry now.)
- U.S. BASED SUPPORT: Dash is a U.S. based company who provides contact information in each product manual
- 【High-Quality and safe material】：Our cord organizer is made of high-quality rubber, durable and not easily deformed. The glue on the bottom is a high-quality glue selected for many tests, and it is not easy to fall.To ensure sturdy attaching, scrub and clean the surface of attached appliance with clean water before attaching the cord organizer. Allow no less than 6 hours to dry before use.
- 【Wide application】：Our cord organizer is suitable for more than 80% of household appliances, and can be applied to various kitchen equipment, such as stand mixer, coffee machines, air fryers, electric kettle, Toaster, pressure cooker, juicer.
- 【Powerful and convenient design】：This is a small cord organizer designed to solve the messy troubles of household wires. It allows you to easily wrap the wire with one hand.All your kitchen equipment wires will be in order.
- 【Perfect cord wrapper】：After purchase, you will have a 4pcs or a 6pcs of cord organizer.Same standard, same quality,different color choices.Gives peace of mind as you always have one replacement in hand.
- 【Kitchen helper】：The wires of household appliances are placed randomly for a long time, and the wires are easy to be damaged or trip over the elderly or children. Show your gratitude and love by giving this cord organizer to your mother, girlfriend, wife, or anyone who needs to cook in the kitchen frequently!
- AIEVE cable winder saves you from having to worry about the messy power cords of small kitchen appliances. All your kitchen equipment wires will be in order.
- High-Quality Material - Each cord keeper is made of high-quality rubber, durable and not easily deformed. The glue on the bottom is a high-quality glue selected for many tests, and it is not easy to fall.
- Great Design - After many manuscripts and mold opening tests, the current model allows you to easily wind the wire with one hand, and the cord wrapper compatible with 70% of the kitchen equipment wire.
- Packing List - You will receive 2* cable management suitable for small kitchen appliances (one white and one gray). Can apply it to all kinds of kitchen equipment, such as coffee machines, blenders, air fryer, toaster, pressure cooker, juicer.
- Note - In order to be firmly fixed – a. Before fixing the cord organizer, scrub with clean water at the position to be fixed. b. After fixing the organizer, wait for half a day before using it.
- Fits all standard drills
- More durable, rust proof and easier to clean with zinc plated steel than other mud mixer drill bits
- Perfect mud and paint mixer blade for mixing in 1 to 5 gallon buckets
- Hex head design for non slipping while mixing paint, mud, grout and more
- Lifetime warranty - Have a problem with a weld or fit and we will replace your mixer
- The Little Herb and Salad Spinner 4.0 is simple to use: just pump to spin your herbs or lettuce dry
- Patented brake stops immediately with a simple press. BPA free, Material : Plastic
- Soft, non-slip pump locks flat for compact storage and the non-slip base keeps the Spinner steady on countertops
- The crystal-clear bowl is perfect for a single-serving, and the basket can be used separately as a colander
- Easy-to-clean lid comes apart for thorough cleaning and is top-rack dishwasher safe